You may have heard by now about the never-ending list of ways in which you can use coconut oil. The all-natural miracle known as coconut oil can be used for health, beauty, cooking, cleaning, home remedies, and much more! There is no doubt that coconut oil possesses numerous benefits. In this article, you’ll discover how to make your own coconut oil body lotion with lavender essential oil that will keep your legs feeling smooth.
Coconut Oil Body Lotion
Today I want to share with you an easy DIY Coconut Oil Body Lotion Recipe that can be used to moisturize and soothe dry skin. This recipe contains several powerful ingredients that promote the hydration and healing of the skin.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has been shown to:
- Serve as a valuable skin care solution as it is a wonderful moisturizer for the body and face. It’s cost-effective and chemical-free.
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles when used topically.
- Be a great replacement for conventional eye makeup remover and helps to moisturize the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Serve as a wonderful chemical-free replacement for conventional hair conditioner.
- Serve as a great lip balm for dry and cracked lips.
- Be useful in the practice of oil pulling as it can improve dental health and detoxify the mouth. You can expect whiter teeth, improved gum tissue, and fresher breath.
Due to the fact that coconut oil should be used as a food supplement (both in and on the body), quality is key. Therefore, when purchasing coconut oil, be sure to look for brands that are organic, unrefined, and cold-pressed in order to reap all of the benefits that this oil has to offer.
Benefits of Vitamin E
Vitamin E has been shown to:
- Promote the healing of scars
- Possess powerful antioxidants
- Have potent would-healing properties
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil has been shown to:
- Improve skin conditions such as acne and dry skin
- Aid in the soothing of burns, cuts, scrapes, and other minor skin conditions
- Promote relaxation and sleep
- Soothe aching muscles
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel has been shown to:
- Possess antimicrobial properties and reduce inflammation
- Aid in the healing of minor skin wounds
- Promote the healing of scars
This Coconut Oil Body Lotion recipe promotes skin healing and hydration. In addition, several drops of lavender essential oil give this lotion a wonderful scent that is both relaxing and therapeutic. Massage this Coconut Oil Body Lotion into your skin for an at-home spa treatment that is sure to leave you feeling relaxed and tranquil.
- ½ Cup Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil
- The liquid contents of 3 Vitamin E Capsules
- 10-12 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- ⅛ Cup Aloe Vera Gel
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Depending on the temperature, the coconut oil will be either liquid, solid, or very soft. If working with solid oil, you may want to combine the ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer. This process will produce a whipped body lotion. Liquid and soft oil will allow you to hand-stir the ingredients.
- To use: Massage approx. 1 tablespoon of lotion into the skin after bathing.
Is It Safe To Use Essential Oils?
Finally, when using essential oils, it is imperative to understand that all oils are not created equal. Please be sure that you purchase therapeutic grade essential oils that are certified pure from a reputable source. Many oils found in stores and online are filled with cheap filler oils and some are even toxic. Please do your homework before using any essential oil brand. Please note that all essential oils are not intended to be used internally and some may cause sun sensitivity.
My Favorite Essential Oils
Because using quality essential oils is extremely important, I have put much research into discovering which oils that are on the market are pure and potent. My research led me to Doterra essential oils. Doterra essential oils are pure and therapeutic grade which allows me to feel great about putting them in and on my body. Interested in getting your hands on some amazing essential oils? You can visit my online Sunny Fit Life Doterra Essential Oils Store here. Just click the “shop” tab to browse my store. In addition, feel free to check out the “DIY” and “Recipes” tabs for great essential oil information.
Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils (6th ed.). (2015). Orem, UT: Aroma Tools.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product/website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.